Type: Randonnée – cycling cicloturistica with French style start
Dates of event: from 12 to 18 May 2019
Starting City: Bielmonte (Biella)
Stages: 6 stages
Arrival City: San Remo
Organization: Biella Welcome & Nyala Wonder Travel
Sporting club organization: UC San Remo
Aegis: ACSI Ciclismo
REGULATIONS OF THE EVENT
The event is to be regarded as a Randonnée, a cycling cicloturistica with French style start, non-competitive, under the aegis of ACSI Ciclismo.
The event is open to all male and female cicloturisti cyclists from the ages of 18 to 70, provided they have attained the required age by the first day of the race, in compliance with a license for the current year.
The possession of a valid sports license is an obligatory requirement in order to participate in the event.
- a) Athletes licensed in Italy
Athletes licensed in Italy can participate provided they are in possession of one of the following requirements:
- athletes who have an ACSI license valid for 2019
- athletes who have an FCI license (Italian Cycling Federation) valid for 2019
- athletes who have an EPS license associated with ACSI for 2019
- athletes who have an FCI Bike Card license valid for 2019, to be presented together with the license of the associated EPS that issued it.
- b) Athletes licensed abroad
Athletes licensed abroad may participate provided they are in possession of a license of a Federation that is recognized by UCI (International Cycling Union) valid for 2019.
The following licenses are NOT recognized:
- those issued by foreign sports promotion bodies that are not affiliated with UCI, such as, for example UFOLEP (France), VWB (Belgium), NTFU (Netherlands), Federaçao Cicloturistica Portuguesa (Portugal), etc.
- those that are valid for the practise of other sporting disciplines such as the triathlon or light athletics.
- c) Athletes who are not licensed
All athletes who are not licensed or in possession of licenses that are not recognized can participate by registering for an ACSI Base license with annual validity.
In this case it will be requested that the following are presented
- license request form supplied by the organization, completed in all its sections.
- license photo in color in JPG format, with resolution to 300 dpi and dimensions of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- a medical certificate valid for competitive cycling , completed
- on the ASL form for those resident in Italy
- on a form supplied by the organization for those not resident in Italy
The deadline for presenting the completed documentation for registration of the ACSI base license is set for 30 April.
Anyone who does not present the completed documentation indicated above will not be able to take part in the event, and will not have the right to any reimbursement in relation to the registration fee paid.
The ACSI base license includes the following ceilings for insurance cover:
- Accidents: € 80,000.00 in case of death, € 80,000.00 in case of permanent injury with 7% deductible for the race and 8% for training. € 20.00 daily allowance for hospital stay, with 5 days deductible to a maximum of 90 days, € 15.00 daily allowance for a cast, with a deductible of 5 days and a maximum of 20 days.
- Civil Responsibility towards Third Parties: maximum of one only € 1,500,000.00, with a deductible of € 200.00 for training.
All the related documentation is available on the site ciclismo.acsi.it/assicurazioni
Other than the obligatory insurance cover included in the sports license, the organization advises the additional cover of:
- travel insurance with medical coverage and baggage protection
- insurance for cancellation of the trip
The official travel agency of the event is at your disposal for arranging any additional insurance of this type.
All road bicycles of the muscle or assisted (E-bike) road type are allowed provided they conform to the rules of the road and are maintained in good condition.
It is obligatory for participants with e-bikes to always carry a fully charged battery with them in their back pack. The organization reserves the right to charge the participants the costs of recovery caused by their own negligence.
Registration for the event can be carried out through
- the official website of the event
- one of the official tour operators of the event
For administrative reasons no other forms of registration will be allowed.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION
The deadline for registration is set at 30 April.
It will not be possible to register after this date and it will not be possible to register directly on the day of the start.
COST OF PARTICIPATION
The cost of registration is
- € 1199.00 for registration done online by 31 January
- € 1299.00 for registration done online by 30 April
The forms of payment accepted are:
- Visa or Mastercard credit cards, available up to 30 April
- Paypal, available up to 30 April
- bank transfer, available up to 15 April
The rates shown are net,
Bank costs are included for payments by Visa, MC and bank drafts, whereas a cost of 5% for payments with Paypal and € 20.00 for bank transfers from outside the EU is required.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE COST OF PARTICIPATION
The cost of participation includes:
- souvenir jersey (reserved only for those who have registered and paid their registration fee correctly by 31 March)
- participation number
- roadbook with illustration of the stages
- GPS tracking of the individual stages
- mechanical assistance service and recovery in case of abandonment
- baggage transport service stage by stage, with the limit of 1 bag per participant, with maximum dimensions of 60x45x25 cm
- 7 nights in a hotel for all the stages including
- a mid-afternoon snack
- group dinner
- overnight stay
not included in the price:
- transfer from the airport of arrival to the first stage
- transfer from the hotel of arrival to the airport of departure
- transfer of bulky baggage (bicycle bags, suitcases, etc.) directly from the hotel of the start of the first stage to the hotel of arrival at the last stage
These services can be purchased separately through the registration system for the event.
REGULATORY RULES OF THE PARTICIPATION FEE
Through the completion of registration to the event, the participant accepts all the clauses of both the regulations of the event and those stated in the General Conditions of the contract for the sale of package holidays described on the official website of the event.
The participation fee is intended as an all-inclusive tourist package and it meets the General Conditions of the contract for the sale of tourist packages that are mentioned on the official website of the event.
The tourist package is marketed by:
NYALA WONDER TRAVEL D.M.C.
Via Solaro 134 – 18038 San Remo – Italy
Owner: NWT S.r.l. – Headquarters in Turin, Corso Palestro 9
Tax code and VAT No. 10925080011
C.C.I.A.A. Torino R.E.A n. 1173522
Insurance policy UNIPOLSAI 1124800004977
Travel agency licence Liguria Region no. 244
By signing the registration form, you declare that you have read and approved the regulations, that you are in good physical condition, that you have a certificate stating that you are fit for the practice of competitive sports issued after a sports medical examination, or that you have a competitive sports medical certificate suitable for registration to a day license.
CANCELLATION OF PARTICIPATION
In case of cancellation of participation in the event, the policy of booking and cancellation found in the Technical Specifications of the attached tourist package are applicable, published on the official website of the event.
At the end of the event a classification of rankings will not be compiled. The finisher medal will be given out to all the participants on the final evening.
Verification of the sports license, distribution of the number and the intended materials will take place
Saturday 11 May 2019, from 10.00 am to 7:00 pm
in Bielmonte (Biella)
at the Hotel Bucaneve
Not presenting the sporting license indicated at the time of registration will result in exclusion from the competition.
The meeting place is set for
Sunday 12 May 2019, at 8:30 am
in Bielmonte (Biella)
at the Hotel Bucaneve
The start will take place in the French style.
The roadbook of the event contains spaces where the stamps of the obligatory points of passage must be entered.
HELMET AND OBLIGATORY MATERIALS
It is obligatory to use the rigid approved helmet that must be worn even when making an ascent.
The participants must always have the following obligatory equipment with them, at risk of being excluded from the event:
- GPS satellite navigator
- Bicycle distance counter
- Water bottle with water
- Cap or headgear
- Waterproof clothing
- Cellphone that is charged and equipped with charger
- Anti-theft bicycle lock
- Spare tire or inner tube equipment
- Charger for bicycle battery, if you are using an e-bike
- Spare battery, if you are using an e-bike
You are also advised to have the following equipment:
- comfortable shoes if you are using bicycle shoes,
- sun cream
- anti-mosquito cream
According to the laws in force following vehicles are not allowed, except for those belonging to the organization.
All the roads followed during the event are OPEN to traffic. There must be absolute respect and observance of the Highway Code.
A mechanical assistance service is planned as well as the recovery of participants that abandon the event and their bicycles.
The event is divided into 6 stages, and the complete itinerary is shown on the official website of the event and in the road book distributed to participants.
|3||Cantone Cerreto||Zerbe Superiori||139|
Any complaints must be addressed to the competition judges in the terms of the regulations and accompanied by the tax required by the rules. Collective claims or complaints are not allowed, if they are signed by more than one person.
PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY
The award ceremony with the distribution of certificates of participation will take place during dinner on 18 May in San Remo.
The following types of behaviour will be sanctioned by disqualification of the competitor:
- participating with another rider’s bib
- throwing rubbish on the road
- not observing the rules of the road
- not respecting these regulations
ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATIONS
By signing the registration form, even online, the competitor declares themselves to be in possession of the medical certificate according to the rule of 18/02/82, to be in possession of the correct license, third party insurance and to accept these regulations.
By signing and submitting the registration form, the participant, together with the representative of their team, self-certifies the inexistence of sports, civil and / or penal sanctions or investigations in progress against him for doping-related facts and declares not to having used – and not to use – substances included in the anti-doping list of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). False self-certification will be prosecuted according to the law. Professionals, the elite (men and women) and those under 23, are admitted exclusively for promotional purposes and upon invitation by the Organizing Committee.
CHANGES TO THE REGULATIONS
The organization reserves the right to make changes to the regulations. The official website will be considered the official organ of the event. All official communications will be made through the website.
The Organizing Company declines any responsibility for any accidents or damage happening to the participants, to third parties or things, occurring before, during or after the running of the event, and reserves the right to accept registrations at its sole discretion.
Be careful! Increasingly there are groups of thieves that specialize in targeting bicycle races at international level. Never leave your vehicle unlocked, in particular if it has bicycle equipment on board. The organization does not take responsibility for thefts or damage to vehicles and their contents.
Each participant is considered to be on a personal excursion: it is obligatory to observe the rules of the road and traffic circulation. The road will not be protected.
In case of any controversy the applicable jurisdiction is that of Imperia.
REASONS OF FORCE MAJEURE
Whenever the competition is cancelled for reasons of force majeure, for example as a result of a bad weather alert from the relevant authorities, the registration fee will not be reimbursed.
The regulations translated into other languages are offered as an act of courtesy. In case of any dispute the wording of the regulations in Italian will be valid.